Author, Jon Robinson visits Holy Cross

26 June 2015

library

Author Jon Robinson has inspired Holy Cross students to write their own books.
Mr Robinson wrote the Nowhere thriller trilogy and came into the  school to talk about his books with Year 8s and a selection of Year 7 students, who had done well in the school’s Accelerate Reading programme..
“Mr Robinson told them about his books and about getting a book published and also carried out some sessions with the class such as writing a creative article, reading it and discussing it,” said Holy Cross library manager, Lisa Rushton.
“The students had time to ask questions after and had the opportunity to buy a copy of his books and have them signed.
“Some pupils were even inspired enough to write a short creative piece and some were so good I’m going to make a display of them in the library. Jon had a quick look and was also impressed!”
Year Eight student, Angel, said: “I really enjoyed it and learned a lot about writing, it was a really good experience.”
Fellow Year Eight student, Jack, said: “Jon is a good author and his books are great. I can’t wait for the next one.”
Student, Megan, added: “It was the most fun I’ve had in ages. It really inspired me and I’m going to write my own book.”

library2