Joe wins national role

27 February 2018

Former Holy Cross student Joe Boyle has won a coveted part in a National Youth Music Theatre Production.

Joe, now 16, will be appearing in the premiere of a new musical called ‘The Little Princess’ in London in August. His role is Monsieur Lebasque.

Joe was a big hit at Holy Cross, playing the Artful Dodger in Oliver and Joseph in Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat in his time there.

He is currently at Cardinal Newman College, studying A Level French, Spanish and Drama.

“I am delighted about the role,” said Joe. “I got it after applying to the regional auditions in Manchester, being successful and then being asked to go to a recall in London earlier this month was really fun and exciting!”

He praised the Drama Department at Holy Cross for helping him develop his stage talents.

“Holy Cross helped me with my stage presence, performance skills and gave me a platform to showcase what I could do.

“The performing arts staff are excellent especially Beverley Harrison and Kate Chapman because they are quite literally experts in what they do and are so encouraging!

“I have had to work hard and my singing teacher Liz Long, my dance teacher Sarah Ottley, of Anita Murray School of Dancing, and Little Voices Chorley have all helped me to achieve my dream.”

Mrs Harrison added: “We are immensely proud of Joe’s achievement. He is a talented performer who shone during our shows at Holy Cross. We are excited to see him performing in London.”